John Redwood MP recently attended the Hillside and Hawkedon Conservative Branch AGMs on Thursday 14th June and the Wokingham Conservative AGM on Friday 25th June. He spoke about the work he has been doing in a number of important areas.
- Housing numbers and a new local Plan
- The need for an economic policy to fight recession
- Measures to be taken to ease the cost of living squeeze, including some incorporated in the recent government package
- A new energy policy for the UK to reduce import dependence
- Home grown food and the countryside
- Social care needs
- Tackling health waiting lists
Recent posts on John's website give more the background to his remarks for those interested.