Pauline has lived in Earley with her husband Norman for 27 years and their son David is a researcher at Imperial College.
She has a BSc Hons in Zoology and an MBA and has gained extensive business experience holding senior positions in IT, technology, programme delivery and people services through her career at Heathrow for a major airline.
Fascinated by local history, Pauline is working to create a record of the surprisingly large number of Earley residents who died in the two world wars. In her spare time she is very interested in photography and history, especially naval military history, architecture and of course aviation.
"As your borough councillor for more than 12 years, I have helped thousands of local residents: answering queries, keeping you fully informed on social media and with regular newsletters.
Always available to offer advice, I work hard to ensure that you receive the excellent council services that we all pay for through our council tax.
Holding executive responsiblity for Housing and now for Highways has enabled me to bring real change to improve the lives of residents across the borough."
Here are just some of the things that Pauline is working on:
- continuing the fight to protect and enhance the green spaces in Earley
- helping local schools with traffic and parking issues
- building new roads and introducing innovations to reduce congestion
- quadrupling our investments in road maintenance and for the first time repairing some of our worn out estate roads.
- investing in more affordable housing otherwise for rent and to buy under help to buy schemes.
- improving paths and cycleways across the Borough, providing access for buggies and wheelchairs and adopting new standards for separated cycle ways
- helping our local businesses, small and large, to access much need covid support grants in these difficult times.